Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Personal Mid-Year Review – Whole, Worthy and Well in 2012?


I really liked this Whole, Worthy and Well in 2012 slogan I came up with as the New Year gently pushed its way in.  I used it in a business ministry program at my church, in an Easter weekend speaking engagement for women and I blogged about 5 steps to rise into being whole, worthy and well in 2012.

Like many I had a few items on my New Year’s resolutions list, of the personal and professional kind, determined to get me to this “triple W” state. More business, lose weight, be kind to everyone…, some standard “I’ll do betters and a few different ones. 

Yet as June 30 approached I realized that half of 2012 is gone. And it was time to assess and ask myself a few questions; to do a mid-year review. Here's another list to respond to: Is there anything I can check off as accomplished? How am I doing overall with those 2012 goals? Plus this is a Leap Year, supposedly there’s excess out there to jump into. Do I really want the answer to these becomes another issue to ponder. Then when I’m truthful with myself, I own up to what did go right, even with a struggle. A few different speaking engagements and I published 2 eBooks; not bad. And the themes of these events were about some form of personal reviewing!

Revisiting our actions can be difficult, but often necessary. So in my blog in May, I posted a few inquiries for thought in obtaining “triple W” in 2012.

How do you define wholeness?

What are you worthy of?

Who are you when you are well?

For many of us, a basic sense of feeling in control of our lives, showing up authentic, taking care of our physical, mental and spiritual being with a healthy sense of self-esteem would be filtered into the answers to those questions.

So why aren’t we always there? What gets in the way or things that become DEFLATORS?

Certainly life’s disappointments, our habits, motivations and perspectives can flow out in each of those areas to send us spiraling downward.

I realized that I was caught in a few of those deflators from achieving my best “triple W” being. Letdowns and cookie monsters reigned.

What’s my now?

“You can always begin again” is one of those spiritual sayings that resonates most clearly.

I took a few steps to move forward.  The weight issue was one of my biggest personal challenges, I got way off course. On to the gym yesterday and today. Momentum is always Good! Then while out on a walk from the gym this morning, more clarity came in the way of this statement.

Sometimes we all need a little PUSH. Purpose, Understanding, Support, Healing.

But nothing beats the ultimate PUSH. Pray Until Something Happens!

And “your latter can be greater.”

FYI:
My two eBooks on Kindle are:


Life is a Review: Observations and Collections of My Passages Through the Times, a compilation of essays, blogs, poems from my writings for over 20 years,
Navigating Life’s Roadways: Stories of Insight from My Odyssey and Inspiration for Your Journey (my print book is now available as an eBook.)




2 comments:

  1. Deborah, you have caught the crux of probably everyones dilemma. I would agree that Prayer is the answer.
    Great post. Thank you for sharing.

    Rosemary "Mamie" Adkins

    ReplyDelete